1. What did you do in 2020 that you’d never done before? Stayed home for months.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um, apparently I didn’t make any last year. But I got two azure certifications this year, so yay me anyway. Next year I want to carve out more time for myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nitika
4. Did anyone close to you die? My uncle
5. What countries did you visit? … NA
6. What would you like to have in 2021 that you lacked in 2020? Must get out! Must go do things!
7. What date from 2020 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March in general. How we thought we were going to be home for two weeks and it lasted all year and then some.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing that soap service? Probably the azure developer certification.
9. What was your biggest failure? Screaming at the kids
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? One good thing about never leaving the house, we haven’t gotten sick in a really long time. I did sprain my wrist though.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I bought a lot of stuff this year. My new vacuum, Glenn’s new vacuum. New phone, galaxy watch. The boys really like their christmas presents. I’d say the wooden blocks were the best investment though. They play with them every day.
14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries, baby stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The vaccine! Trump losing the election!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
l. happier or sadder? I don’t think anyone is happier
ll. thinner or fatter? I actually lost weight
lll. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Sleeping
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Our parents came over our house
24. What was your favorite TV program? I watched all of Supernatural. The ending was pretty satisfying. The Queen’s Gambit was very good.
26. What was the best book you read? I guess one of the Magic Tree House books… I’d be hard to pick one though.
28. What did you want and get? Passed my microsoft exams
29. What did you want and not get? sleep, to go … anywhere
30. What was your favorite film of this year? I actually really liked Superintelligence. Still need to see the last Star Wars movie and Bill and Ted
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35 and ordered food for just myself from a fancy restaurant
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not being stuck at home all day every day
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020? PJs and yoga pants
34. What kept you sane? My MIL and Owen’s teachers
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fauci
36. What political issue stirred you the most? omg. Racism and Covid shouldn’t even be political issues, but somehow they were. And then of course there was the election.
37. Who did you miss? Literally everyone
38. Who was the best new person you met? Owen’s teachers
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2020: Secondary emotions are a thing and I shouldn’t feel guilty for feeling what I’m feeling.
41. Summarize 2020:
42. What are you most looking forward to next year? Getting this vaccine so I can go places and see people again
43. What were your predictions last year? Planning our Disney trip was not stressful, because I never got to. Glenn starting walking a little early and oh look at that, I am indeed still breastfeeding and this kid will never let me stop.
44. What are your predictions for 2021? Dude, if we don’t get to go to Disney next year, I’m, I’m going anyway. Even if they’re closed. I’ll be put on boring migration work. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll go back to my office? See my friends again? See family?