My Kindle arrived in the mail a month ago. I said I would read every night before bed. Have I?
If you said yes, then give yourself a cookie! So far I haven’t paid for any books, but the free ones have been entertaining enough. I’ve noticed the top free books are either very Christian, very dirty, or classics like Alice in Wonderland.
I downloaded a bunch of samples too, but haven’t quite decided what my first paid book should be. Probably Hitchhiker’s because I’m a geek so it’s like a law that I have to read it.
What I like so far:
- Not having to hold a book open
- I can read with my hands under a blanket
- Being able to switch between books in a few seconds
- Being able to make the font size bigger
- I haven’t had to charge it since I got it (with wi-fi on)
- Convenient to travel with
- I can download a sample of anything before I buy it
- Ordering books from the web is really simple and fast and they get sent to the kindle immediately. If I needed to read something RIGHT NOW I could.
- I can read my pdf cookbooks on it
- With Calibre, I can convert pretty much anything w/out DRM to a format kindle can read
What I don’t like:
- I haven’t found a case that I like for a reasonable price (<$30)
- Even older books can be $10 and some ebooks are more expensive than the paperback version
- It’s hard to pick out a book to read from so many choices
If anyone wants to help with that last bullet, I’m open to suggestions.