1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before? Was a mom of 2. Worked in an open office space.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year I wanted to do some learning. I did take a reinforcement learning class during leave that I absorbed all of 1% of. I learned a lot about kubernetes and docker this year though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me! And Emily apparently.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019? Sleep, exercise, a waistline
7. What date from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 4/20, Glenn’s birthday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I got a progression, gave birth
9. What was your biggest failure? Screaming at the kids
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? The pregnancy was miserable, but worth it… still, never again
11. What was the best thing you bought? I’d say our Doula, but she didn’t cost anything. I would have paid for her if insurance didn’t though. She was awesome! Yumi baby food. Expensive, but super convenient and Glenn loves it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries, Owen’s school, baby stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Baby #2!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
l. happier or sadder? Happier, last year was rough
ll. thinner or fatter? I was pregnant last year, but that wasn’t fat, so fatter
lll. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Sleeping
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling
20. How will you be spending Christmas? People coming here
24. What was your favorite TV program? The good place, I can’t want to see how it ends. Outlander I finished in like two weeks when I was on leave. The ending of high castle was meh, but better than Game of Thrones
26. What was the best book you read? The Book With No Pictures
28. What did you want and get? A healthy baby
29. What did you want and not get? I’m spoiled
30. What was your favorite film of this year? I still haven’t seen Toy Story 4.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 34 and I was so sleep deprived, I don’t remember. I think I saw my friends at some point. I ate Indian takeout with my parents.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If Owen wasn’t quite such a jerk. Sorry kid, but 4 year olds man
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019? I’ve been obsessed with used clothes from thredUP.
34. What kept you sane? Other moms
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Our mayor won by 3 votes, well it was contested so we’ll see
37. Who did you miss? Papi
38. Who was the best new person you met? Glenn
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019: Doulas are awesome! Open office spaces aren’t the worst.
41. Summarize 2019: ouch, baby, need sleep, work, need sleep, play
42. What are you most looking forward to next year? watching Owen and Glenn run around together. And Disney. Always Disney.
43. What were your predictions last year? I thought we would need therapy after the game of thrones finale, I dunno about that, more like anger management. I said our new office space will be shiny, but suck. It did suck at first, but now that I’m used to it, I think I might like it better. I also predicted I wouldn’t sleep, well that was spot on
44. What are your predictions for 2020? Planning this Disney trip will be extra stressful between going to CA, having two kids to schedule around, Owen’s school schedule, my dad not in the greatest shape. I predict Glenn will be an early walker. I predict I will still be breastfeeding this time next year.