We were off to a rough start before we even left. Owen was a little sick, so if course I got sick while I was in Disney plus I had my period. Then Glenn threw up on me while we were at Hollywood Studios Friday, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Saturday. We left home and flew to Orlando. No more magical express, so we took a car to the hotel. We ate at The Fountain, but they rushed us out even though the place was empty. We had a one bedroom for two nights only because of the 50% borrow rule on points. It would have been nice if it was at the end instead of the beginning of our trip, but that’s all that was free those two days thanks to a calendar mistake. Anyway…

Sunday. We started off at The Magic Kingdom. Usually Pooh is our first stop, but it was down, so we did Dumbo and the Barnstormer instead. Glenn refused to go on, but he enjoyed the water playground. Then it was Pooh time. We had LL for Jungle Cruise later on, but I got for Big Thunder Mountain, which went down, but we ended up being able to ride it before we left. Mine Train happened as well. Lunch was at Liberty Tree for their famous Ooey Gooey Todfee Cake.

Monday. Glenn wasn’t really enjoying the whole theme park thing too much. We thought Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway would help, but it did not. He warmed up a little after swirling saucers. We did Rise of the Resistance and Midway Mania before he was done. Dinner was at Il Mulino.

Tuesday. Animal Kingdom. Glenn was more than happy to play on the playground for two hours. We hand lunch at Yak and Yeti and when we came out, a surprise rain storm. Despite there being a tropical storm a couple days later, this was the most it rained during the day. More playground was out. We did flight of passage and then went back to the hotel for swimming.

Wednesday. Our Epcot day. We expected all day rain, but it drizzled on and off. Guardians of the Galaxy was intense! Bryan and Owen rode twice, but Glenn didn’t want me to leave a second time, so I stayed with him. We had dinner at Mexico and enjoyed the 50th anniversary cake again. The park closed early, but we were done anyway.

Thursday. Because of the tropical storm, the parks opened late. They had characters in the lobby, but Glenn wouldn’t go near them. The whole morning was rough. Magic Kingdom opened a half hour after our crystal palace reservation, but they let us in anyway. Glenn was afraid of Mickey and Chip and Dale, but Pooh and friends weren’t scary. They all got big Glenn hugs.

The park was really empty and it was only drizzling. Quite the opposite from our trip last year. We did everything without any wait. One of the more plesant Magic Kingdom days we’ve had.

Friday. We started off the day at Hollywood studios, but then Glenn threw up on me while we were on line for MMRR. We bought new clothes, but it happened again, so was back to the hotel for us. Bryan and Owen did mini golf.

Saturday. Glenn wasn’t feeling better, so Owen and I went to the Animal Kingdom. Did everest twice. I was really mad about our safari LL because it showed me a time of 10:10, but after confirming, it jumped up to 8:15. My parents made it with only a minute to spare. Dinner was at Topolinos. Glenn was feeling better and enjoyed the skyliner ride there. Food was pretty good.

Overall, a pretty great trip on paper. A bit crazy, but that’s Disney with kids, right? Would have been nice to do a little shopping, but otherwise I think we did everything we wanted to.